Loving Myself (a poem).... 1st draft

Loving myself is like opening the fridge and smelling something that is repulsive but not being able to find it.
Loving myself is stepping on something damp with socks on.
Loving myself is wishing for rain on mars, hoping for snow on a Californians beach, dreaming the final chapter is not the end.

Loving myself is growing up a fairly happy child.
Loving myself is words hunting me with dulled arrow heads,
Loving myself is slowly scraping away my determination to survive.
Loving myself is wondering if this is the best lifetime I will live.
Loving myself is often dreaming of another dimension, where sadness was just below the surface and  tears were just an ant hill, not a mountain to defeat.
Loving myself is like crossing the open sea and not expecting to be surrounded by water.
Loving myself is an after thought, nothing but pepper and salt.
Loving myself is a missed communication.
Loving myself is an unsent text message.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blueberry Pancakes of Patience

12/8/18 complaints