Blog 30 day challenge Day 2

Prompt- Write something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget.

Something I'll never forget that someone told me, was that I am a neurotic mess. Up until that point I didn't believe that anyone else saw my anxiety come through. It was around the time that I first had my oldest daughter Mia. A friend came over and saw what a wreck I was just trying to get through all the colic crying and breastfeeding until my nipples bled (I know fun times). My friend didn't realize my social anxiety still to this day makes me replay that scene in my head over and over. Or how much it made me realize that I had to leave my house and do more than just be a mom.
To be honest I believe that it's because out of all of the people that I knew who had babies, they all had easy babies compared to mine.
My oldest cried all day and night unless she was attached at the nipple. It was like shackles that didn't let me do much for the first few months of her life. But watch bad TV, and be on social media. My anxiety had me so afraid to leave the house without her, like she would die if I wasn't there. Which now I know isn't true, babies are resilient  and stubborn creatures. After that point I knew I had to go back to doing something regularly out of the house. I don't know if she knows how much her comment actually pushed me out of the house and out and about in the world.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

After Work Thoughts (Don't be an ass)

Blueberry Pancakes of Patience